You know what it`s like... You have an idea, a wonderful, awesome idea... One that brings you to life - pulls you out of that funky mindset you were wallowing around in and is driving you to act on it!!
YOU are EXCITED about it!
And, you get caught up in your excitement, and naturally, you want to share it - your wonderful idea and your excitement...
(and, because it is a great gift to help other people feel good, and, because you feel like your idea is so awesome that everyone is going to get caught up in your excitement too, and, of course you want the others, to get caught up in their excitement over your idea, and embrace your awesome idea and encourage you to GO FOR IT! and they will support you along the way and cheer you on as you make progress...)
So, you share your wonderful, awesome idea with someone - this is probably someone that you love, someone who is close to you. And, although they appear to be listening, the first words out of their mouth are not `GO FOR IT!` Instead, they knock the wind out of your sail with something like, `BUT...`or `What if...`and you are left feeling much less joy-filled than you were before you shared!
NOW, before you go and trash that idea, or start to get caught up in some old limiting belief or negative chatter crap that you used to do, take a moment to reflect. Think about past interactions with that person you just shared with. As you are thinking about the past interactions, you are likely to discover a couple of things that are true...
1) the response or reaction from that person that you just now received is a typical response or reaction from that person for EVERY thing... (remember, there are a lot of people who mean well and think that they are doing you a `favor`by pointing out that you are headed for a crash and burn before you begin...)
2) the response or reaction that they just gave you is the same response that they give to themselves - or anyone else - whenever there is an inkling or spark to step outside the comfort zone!
The `well-meaning`individuals do NOT take steps outside their comfort zone - ever... They prefer to live a life where they can keep EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS IT IS... (sometimes they try to justify this as `playing it safe`)
Safe may work for them, but YOU want to LIVE YOUR LIFE FULLY!! You have this awesome idea and you want to grow and experience life as much as you can, exactly as you choose to!
(imagine the butterfly thinking that it would be better to remain in it`s cocoon, rather than risk emerging...)
SO, what about the `nay-sayers`... One thing that I have learned through the years is who I can share what with... Sometimes, I still get caught up in my excitement, and I slip and I relearn that the `nay-sayers`haven`t changed their tune...
In my world, there are three groups of folks in three different circles... I just want to make clear that I do LOVE all these individuals - I just love MYSELF more and keep some of them a little more distanced when it comes to my dreams-come-true life!
1) The NAY SAYERS... these people know very little about my dreams, about my choices, about me. I keep it this way because they don`t support what I want to create for my life and I have come too far to risk their gloom and doom thinking raining on MY PARADE!
2) The folks who support me in a superficial way. These people provide feedback that feels good in the moment, but there is not a whole lot of substance. These are individuals who want you to do well, but they don`t really care whether you do or not! Some of these people will look to you to provide freebies to them or tell you that they are just `too busy`to help you if you ask them to!
**** The funny thing about both these groups is they will be the first to want to jump on your bandwagon when you are successful!!
3) Ah, my small supportive powerful circle! These are the individuals who REALLY DO WANT YOU TO SUCCEED! (I HOPE THAT YOU WILL CONSIDER ME TO BE A PART OF YOUR SMALL CIRCLE!)
The people who want you to succeed are made of more substance than just YES! GO FOR IT! They are not afraid to challenge you to explore other options! There is real, meaningful and deep conversation and communication going on - about YOUR DREAMS and about THEIR DREAMS!!
** I DO NOT KNOW everyone in my small supportive powerful circle personally - I have many models of success - mentors - these are people who I respect for their success and their journey and their approach to life - SAYING YES!!
Be wise about who you choose to include in your powerful circle! You will quickly learn who you CAN tell your wonderful, awesome ideas to! You want to live the life YOU choose for yourself... you don`t want to get trounced on before you begin to see your success!
I FOLLOW MY DREAM!
ARE YOU READY TO DREAM BIG! and SAY YES! ?
Sign up today for one of the HAVE DESSERT! Workshops, or the free newsletter!!
Thanks for joining us here today, see you again soon!
The Small Paradise for Healing Souls Community thrives on support ❤
Leave a comment and join the conversation!
As always, feel free to leave your feedback in the comments section.
Or send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Confessions of a Healing Soul
I am a work in progress, as are you.